Monday, July 28, 2008

My last weekend in DC was pretty great....full of shenanigans. Here's the rundown:

-Wednesday night I went to yet another DC United (soccer) game with boy, during which it started thunderstorming and pouring, stopping the game. Since he's in this crazy fan group, we all stayed in the stands screaming and getting soaked (goodbye iPod, camera and phone...ugh), and eventually played around on the soaked field. Fun.

-Friday night I stopped by a party in a friend's apartment, then he stayed over. Fun times had by all, though it was low key night.

-Saturday was quality. Stefi (my roommate who is pretty much my twin) and I had a conversation around 9 p.m. that went something like this:
Me: What do you want to do tonight?
Stefi: Eh, maybe just sit around, watch some Grey's, I'm tired and don't feel like going out.
Me: Yeah me too.

So after we watched some TV and hung around talking, I went to bed around 11:30. At 12:15, Stefi rips open my bedroom door, flips the light on, and pulls my covers off.
Stefi (in her PJs and glasses): We're going out to Platinum! (dance club/bar)
Me: What?
Stefi: GET READY
Me: ....okay.

So in 7 minutes we both went from glasses/pjs to full going out gear. Her boything Chris and his friend wanted to meet up, and Stef and I are both obsessed with dancing, so yeah. We then proceeded to run to the metro station in heels and dresses across the Key bridge, sprint onto the metro, and get to the club in record time. We stayed until 3ish and then got back home around 4:45. Oh man.

I was surprised with myself though. I danced with Chris' friend James who was actually ridiculously hot and built, but I didn't want to sleep with him afterward because of boy. Weird.

I have a final Tuesday night and a paper due, plus two stories to finish for work and a hearing to attend. I can't believe that DC is over...I don't want it to be. I didn't go to enough sites or museams or galleries, and I just love the independence of my life here and the people I've met. I'll probably go to Stefi's for Thanksgiving and see her every month or so when she's back in Chicago (she goes to school in Cali), but I'll miss seeing her literally all day every day. One day I was gone with boy for an entire day, and then came home with him. Stefi and I sat on the coach talking while he stood there and she says, "Sorry, I just haven't seen Sara in like 12 hours and I'm kind of freaking out about it. We didn't even text today."

On the upside, I have missed you CT people, and fencing. I'll also like having money (DQ, a necessary evil), training more regularly and actually having some free time.

Peace
-S

No comments: