Monday, July 14, 2008

Leaving in three weeks not an option right now...

One fact can accurately characterized my current emotional state:

On the way to work today, I listened to Jessica Simpson, and I enjoyed it.

Weekend: I went on a hokey touristy boat tour Friday night which sucked, after which I was really angry (for other reasons). Then Stefi and I hung around outside smoking far too many cigarettes and cigars musing about our various issues. I got to bed around 3 and somehow woke up early to go to spinning at 9 a.m. Saturday I worked out in the morning, then went tailgating with the guy for fourish hours, watched the DC United game (they lost, boo), then he stayed over. It was a lovely time, but I really really really can't leave DC in three weeks. I can't. Sunday homework-filled after he left in the morning, followed by a workout of course.

Today: Lots of work still left. I have an interview with DHS (Dept. of Homeland Security) chairman Bennie Thompson (!!!), two articles to write and edit, reading for class and a 9-page essay to research and work on if I have time. After work I'm going to spin class for an hour and then working out more. Dieting has sucked, but I've definitely dropped a significant amount of weight by now. The scale at the gym isn't working, so I'll have to wait to tell my trainer what my weight is. Going to the gym for 3 hrs. at a clip is marvelous though, I'm definitely getting into the best shape of my life, and it's relaxing.


The Week Ahead: Congressional hearing on airport security tomorrow (so excited...man, when did I become such a nerd?), articles to work on, SO MUCH HOMEWORK, class, lunch with boy, DC United game on Saturday. I need to go to the National Zoo and the Holocaust Museum too, and get a crapload of work done.

2 more weekends here. I really, really can't leave. I love my roommates, this guy thing is going great for the first time in a while...ugh. I do love you all in CT, but I just can't leave here right now.

Another downside...my parents said I can't come home this weekend. Basically it's too expensive and they claim my friendship with Jesse isn't good enough to constitute seeing him. "Oh, he's so lucky...he'll get breaks and you'll see him, stop being so dramatic," my mom tells me. Um, he's deployed for TWO YEARS and who knows how often our breaks will match up.

-S

No comments: