Monday, July 7, 2008

Chris Brown-fueled rant

Work today is actually going quickly, my mood hampered only by the realizations:

1. I have $40 in my checking account, and another week until a pay check (motivation to eat less? probably a good thing...)
2. I have 27 days left in DC. Good or bad, it's a strange thought. It doesn't feel like I've been here for what, a month and change.
3. Jesse will be gone for two years. TWO YEARS. The Marines are not my friends.
4. My crazy econ class requires about 500-600 pgs./wk. of reading, no joke. Plus, the prof. is a huge hardass who does things like testing on the footnotes.
5. I really miss all of my friends from home and NU, especially those that I won't see for a really long time because of study abroad, etc.
6. I have given up on males. GIVEN UP. No, I am not becoming a lesbian, I think I may make a conscious decision to: a. avoid all attachment and immerse myself in fun b. take a vow of celibacy (no wait, I would never do that..).

Of course, multiple s&tc quotes are needed to facilitate my man woes. For the male readers, I'm sorry.

"At the end of yet another failed relationship, I couldn't help but wonder: 'What is it all worth?'"

I feel more and more as if some deity is screaming at me (via life experiences) "YOU WILL DIE ALONE, SURROUNDED BY SUNDRESSES FROM ANNE TAYLOR LOFT."

In an epic night ending in a 5:30 a.m. return as my roommate was heading to work (ha), I realized (or rather, was told) that the current fling I'm in is way different than I thought. I'm relieved, but annoyed that we all can't just be adults and discuss these things openly.

UPCOMING FUN:
- 3 articles in the mag
- freelanced article
- Earth, Wind & Fire concert
- going to the Nat'l Zoo alone because no one will relive childhood with me
- continually pushing my liberal politics on everyone in sight against their will(s)
- home to say goodbye to Jesse
- maybe some crazy drastic hair change because I need a lifestyle change

all for now...

-S

No comments: